Gambling is a form of entertainment but as far as it is a very exciting type of it, you should stay in control of how much time and money you spend in an online casino. And to help you with that we created this guide to responsible gambling.
First things first, what is responsible gambling? It is a concept that gambling industry should take measures to protect players from the harmful consequences of gaming and gambling. The existing code requires operators to follow certain safety standards and provide their services in a responsible manner. This includes several areas of responsibility:
- Prevention of various frauds and crimes
- Prevention of underage gambling
- Personal data protection
- Fast and accurate payments
- Ensuring the game is fair
- Following the ethics code in marketing
- Providing support for vulnerable players
Most of these areas are covered by operators, software suppliers, and service providers. They ask for players’ IDs, use SSL-encryption, certified RNGs, and so on. In general, the whole industry works to provide safe environment so that players could enjoy their time and keep reasonable attitude to the game.
Tips for Gamblers
But, of course, players themselves should take responsibility for their safety and control their spendings. To do that you need to remember several simple rules.
- Mind that gambling is not a form of earning money or solving your financial problems. Yes, you can win, but winnings can’t replace your job. Well, there are some high roller players who win enough to earn for a living. But still they remember that success is temporary and stick to responsible gambling rules religiously.
- Gambling is an entertainment but it’s not the only one. Remember that you have a life to live, and don’t forget to spend time on other fun and healthy things.
- Set your limits in advance on how much you can spend and stick to this decision. Please, do not gamble if you can’t afford it. Having food to eat, along with bills paid is really more important.
- Don’t gamble if you are upset or depressed. It will hardly lighten your spirits, but it will definitely compromise your decisions.
- Use the tools that online casinos provide to help you be in control of your gambling.
What are these tools? Well, normally, every casino has an option of setting limits in account settings.
There are three types of limits:
- Deposit limit. When you set a deposit limit, you decide how much money you can deposit during a certain period of time, usually one day. After you reach this limit, the system will not let you deposit more.
- Loss limit. It prevents you from losing more than you can afford. You decide how much you can allow yourself to lose, and the system will not let you play further when you reach this limit.
- Wagering limit. This limit defines how much you can wager during a certain period of time, and it doesn’t matter if you win or lose in the process. When you reach your limit, the game stops and you need to wait for the new time period to start.
These are simple tools that you can use to enjoy the game and to avoid detrimental consequences.
Still, if players feel like they need some extra assistance, they can contact a support organization like Gamblers Anonymous or National Council on Problem Gambling. Links to them are provided on online casino websites.
We do hope that you’ve found these tips helpful and will keep them in mind while making use of HotPotBonus bonuses and promocodes at your favorite online casinos. Enjoy the game!